Steps to Becoming ACA Accredited
- Fill out application for camps seeking accreditation. The deadline for this application if you expect a summer visit is March 1. Learn more about the fee. Determine your camp's eligibility.
- Attend an ACA Standards Course offered locally and receive copy of ACA's Accreditation Process Guide.
- Review and evaluate areas of camp operation.
- Prepare required materials and written documentation.
- Complete the Camp Self-Assessment for review prior to the start of the summer season and before the on-site visit.
- Schedule and complete the on-site visit. A team of ACA-trained visitors will spend a day observing the camp and working with you to determine compliance with the standards. The visit must occur when the camp is in full operation.
- Annually sign a statement of compliance. This document is the camp administrator's pledge to operate ethically, legally, and in compliance with ACA standards.